Friday, July 9, 2010

1 ALL-STAR + 1 ALL-STAR = 2 ALL-STARS??

LeBron is joining forces with another all-star, and a couple other very talented B-list ball players in South Beach as a Heat!

As exciting as it appears, this actually makes me a bit nervous and a good friend of mine worded it well when he said "Heat games will now be either very exciting or very boring!" He and I both agree that an all-star plus another all-star doesn't always equal two all-stars!

Though I plan on attending Mavs v Heat games in the future and hope for my own viewing please that I'm wrong, I fear that having three strong talented players and leaders on one starting offense might actually water down their drive and the show we are all used to seeing from D Wade and the King! This feeling was affirmed when I heard LeBron say, "it removes the pressure to go out there and score 30 every night!" Don't great stars need that to be...great stars?!

My only hope for the new Heat franchise is a small resemblance the starting 5 have to the Jordan, Pippen and Rodman Bulls - but im still not convinces that the scenarios are similar enough!

Time will tell but as for now, I anticipate watching a Mav v Heat game in the American Airline Area in Dallas!

No comments: