Tuesday, September 29, 2009

LACES

Here at Sky Ranch on a staff retreat, I saw a half moon in the sky this morning and for some reason that still makes me stop and consider how small I am. And this time when I stopped and considered my size compared with such celestial bodies such as moons, stars, galaxies, suns, etc., I thought of a word. 'BUSY'

It didn't make sense at first but after a few seconds of thinking, I finally recognized why I would consider my pace of life. When put in perspective with everything else, my errands, fears and concerns are quite...small. When I thought the word: busy, I thought of it in a pathetic kind of way. The way a 6th grade child tries to play a prank on his dad - it is just comical - even sad!

I don't want to 'miss it' because i have the perspective in life of someone hunched over so much that they can only see their laces, and on a good day, if their socks match. I don't want to waste an hour on worrying when i could have loved. i don't want to waste energy on what will have no eternal reward when i could have invested in something or someone that could change the(ir) world!

It made me pray, "God, lift up my eyes. Open my eyes to what is important to you and truly impactful to the people around me!"

'Busy' isn't always bad. Not looking up often to get some perspective is!

No comments: